Monday, April 21, 2008

Jines Restaurant, Rochester, NY

Restaurant Review by Jennifer Kumar.

Today was the perfect day to go to Jines and sit outside in one of the tables on Park Avenue in Rochester, enjoy the weather, company and food.

Initially as we approached the entrance, I became disoriented. It seemed the entrance I was used to was moved. It took me a minute to realize that there was some expansion work to the space for Jines. The interior was made larger, and the entrance seems to be in a new location. That being true, the number of tables out on the sidewalk, seemed to be less than last year when the interior and store front square footage on the sidewalk, smaller. That being the case, we did wait about 15 minutes for a seat outside.

There were four of us, two adults and two kids. The kids both chose the grilled cheese with happy face fries. I chose the vegetarian chili along with egg salad sandwich with olives on sourdough. The other person accompanying me chose the turkey panini with pesto. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and we ate it slowly savoring every bite.

The price was also very reasonable, for the four of us, we paid about $27, which included a $4 tip.

Have to say the weather was more than cooperative, it was ideal. Sun was shining brightly, with a temperature of about 70 and no wind. Can't ask for anything better!

This is not the first time I have been to Jines. I have ate at Jines a number of times over the past few years and I have never left on a bad note. Food, service and atmosphere always are worth returning to again and again. I guess I am not the only one who feels this way, as Jines was voted Best Place for Breakfast 2008 (Reader's Choice Awards) in the Rochester City Newspaper.

To visit/contact:
Jines Restaurant
658 Park Ave
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 461-1280

www.jinesrestaurant.com
Directions to Jines Restaurant


Related Posts/Sites: Best of Rochester 2008 Reader's Choice Awards

No comments: