Saturday, December 15, 2007

Alice's Kitchen Buffalo, NY

Restaurant Review by Jennifer Kumar.

In December 2007, we visited Alice's Kitchen in Buffalo, N.Y.

We came here for breakfast. We were impressed with the menu. There were so many choices for all meals. They even had spaghetti with butter and cheese only. Simple, plain and seemed tempting. Since we were there for breakfast, I chose 'cheese blintzes' and he chose 'potato pancakes.'

I liked the cute coffee cups and saucers. All the plates and cutlery were clean and shiny. No problems, until the food actually showed. My blintzes were new to me until I saw them and realized they were what I grew up eating for dinner - palachinta- a Hungarian dish of crepes rolled with cottage cheese in the middle. It came with a huge side of sour cream and apples- like the ones in a pie. I am not sure who can eat so much of sour cream, but the apples- I was not happy with. They seemed to be the pie filling apples from the supermarket can. Those kinds of apples have scared me since being a small kid, and now even more since I know they are full of High Fructose Corn Syrup. So, I skipped that. And, his potato pancakes appeared to be heated hash browns - fresh from the freezer section. I have to say- YUCK.

YUCK in taste and in price. For the heat and eat delights and coffee- that were not even enough to fill us- was $20.00 with tax. I was no longer impressed and decided I would not want to come back for the noodles.

Though, the service was commendable and the place was spacious and clean.

To find Alice's Kitchen-
http://www.aliceskitchen.com/
3122 Sheridan Dr Amherst, NY 14226
(716) 834-4182

No comments: